Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Feels Like...

It`s incredible how evocative weather can be.  The temperature, the smells..  Last week, it felt just like a day to put on a sweater and go bike riding around Peace Valley, then go to Kohler farm to feed the goats and maybe buy some late plums.

Recently, it`s felt like the days before Christmas.  Bundly, cloudy, and a little wet, like it might snow in a few days.  The kind of day to go Christmas tree shopping and come home smelling like pine with resin on my hands.  Then watch a Charlie Brown Christmas with cocoa.  

Speaking of which, I`m already way too excited to come home for Christmas.  I`ll find myself fantasizing about it sometimes on long car rides.  All the warmth, family, food and traditions.  Making sugar cookies and being surly during the Christmas card picture.  It will be so wonderful.  And I`m already more than halfway there!  I`m excited to see all the things I can do here in Peru before then.

It may be a while until my next post.  Monday I leave for Huaraz in the mountains for In Service Training.  After that is a bicycle maintanence and then a cocinas mejoradas workshop.  I`m so excited to learn and work with my hands.  After all that, a handful of us are doing the famous Huayhuash trek in the Cordillera Blanca (if my vacation is approved).  It`s all going to be so great that I can hardly contain myself.  Then I can come back to site and get cracking on all the budding projects I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment