Thursday, July 5, 2012

Getting Back

Hey all!  It's been a long month of travel and it's finally time to be getting back to site.  I have some pretty epic pictures of the Huayhuash trek on Facebook.  There's not much to tell about it other than it was incredible and there is cow shit at 16,500 ft.  


It's a little daunting to go back to Carhuamayo after so much time moving around and being with my gringo friends.  I have to face the frustrations of community development work and the solita life.  


Though there are good things on the horizon.  I have two possible grants coming down the line that will hopefully get a lot of activity going.  I'm excited to go back to the schools and hang out with the kids again.  I hope I'll be able to funnel some of my happiness and contentment about travel into good work.  A ver!

No comments:

Post a Comment