Sunday, March 18, 2012

Here Comes the Sun

The past 3 days have been so lovely.  There´s sunshine and it feels like PA in the springtime.  The sun is warm and the breeze is cool.  There are little flowers everywhere and even some songbirds.  And I have been feeling awesome.  The sun shines through my manta curtain at 6:15 and I´ve been getting moving and it doesn´t feel like there´s enough hours in the day to do everything I want to do.  It´s incredible.  It´s not warm enough for a t-shirt during the day, but the long-sleeved shirt I have on over my t-shirt and under my vest is pushed up to the elbows.   


I don´t think I realized how much the rainy season weighed me down.  It was like a months long attrition on my mood and motivation.  I had down times and I can´t blame them all on the weather, but I´m sure it contributed.  And the rainy season isn´t just rain.  It´s cold, sideways rain, wind, hail, mud, and clouds.  It´s wearing when it´s miserable to be outside 70% of the time.  


We´re not fully out of the rainy season yet, but it´s refreshing to see a crack in the clouds.  The sky is so vast here and it´s incredible where there are puffy white guys floating around rather than the grey blanket.  And the sunsets!  And the stars!  Colors are brighter with this new light and even the animals seem happier.


The challenge of the next months will be getting back to the states without having a catcher´s mit for a face.  Sun hat and sunglasses all the time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment