Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Tiny Things

I'm in Lima at the moment for a check-up.  I have some lesions on my hands and have my fingers crossed against leprosy, but that's for another time.  
It's funny to be in Lima after what feels like years in the campo.  I rolled into a stylish district where there were some honest-to-goodness hipsters, and I was still unshowered, raggedy, and in my mud boots.  The strangest part is that there are white people I don't know here.  And sleeping in shorts rather than several layers of wool.  Though the real question is, will the hemoglobin accumulated from months of living at mountaintop heights imbue me with Hulk-like powers at sea level?  I'll try to lift a car tomorrow and I'll let you know.  


Anyway, I have some speedy internet for once and I'm going to use this opportunity to post all the cute animal pictures I haven't been able to before.  Baby animals are the lifeblood of the internet, so I hope you enjoy!


Cuy snuggles!



The man only told me this guy's name in Spanish, and I forget it anyway.  


Ok, so it's not all cute, but look how giant that snail is!  Even with his eyeball stalks all retracted.


I'm pretty lucky that baby alpacas are a part of my daily life.


We found this guy under a rock during a hike. 




More cuy babies.  Though they're all breeding within brothers and sisters and moms and I don't know how long it'll be until we have mutants running around. 



Look how tiny these flowers are!  They are all over the campo and there are white, pink, and yellow ones as well.  And check out that plant diversity on this tiny patch of ground.  There's lots of beautiful life in Carhuamayo, you just have to look for it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment