Saturday, February 2, 2013

Raindrops Are Fallin On My Head


It’s easy to complain about the rainy season.  It’s miserable to be outside, sheep and their respective aggressive sheep dogs have descended into the valley, and it’s as grey and cold as the Doldrums.  But instead of descending into piles of wool and gloom, I’m going to rattle off some of the things about the rainy season I’m thankful for.

1. It’s also mango, avocado, and pomegranate season.  They are cheap, plentiful, delicious, and being eaten by the wheelbarrow full by me.

2.      Good snuggling weather.


3.       Awesome rainbows.
This is the view from my window.


Sometimes even double rainbows!  Wowza!



4.       Thunder-hail is a great excuse to put on fuzzy pants, make tea, and watch a movie in the middle of the afternoon.
Here is one of those in progress.



Sometimes we just sit and watch them.  I'd say it's better than TV, but my ideas about entertainment are pretty warped these days.


5.       I’m getting lots of reading done for my thesis.

6.      There’s less dust.

7.       Sometimes there are rivers where there had been roads, which keeps things interesting. 


8.    Mud is fun, so long as it's not in my bedsheets.

9.  Wildflower explosion.


10.   Snowy mountains.


11.   The rare sunny day is all the more glorious. 



12.   Whenever something is difficult, sad, or frustrating in the Peace Corps, I tell myself that I’m building character.  I’m going to have a veritable Giza pyramid of character by the time this is all over.

1 comment: