Thursday, March 28, 2013

Paint It Blue and Green and White

International Wetlands Day is February 2nd.  Several weeks before that date, I proposed to the folks running summer school that we have a drawing contest and the winners paint a wetlands mural outside the school.  We did it, but it wasn't accomplished until the end of February with lots of running around, reminding, and a bit of begging.  Still, I'm happy with the result and the kids had a fun time.

This is what I painted to start with.  Lago Chinchaycocha!


Then kiddos came to paint wetlands animals.  Big kids and little kids, big and small animals.








We got really popular.




Here's the finished product.  I think it turned out great and am pretty excited that there's some sort of physical evidence that I've existed in my town. 



No comments:

Post a Comment