Monday, October 21, 2013

Just Eat It

I've had some interesting food experiences lately.

1. Fish eyeballs are surprisingly tasty.  I found one floating in my soup and popped it in my mouth rather than passing it off to a host brother.  Pleasantly chewy.

2. A friend shared a pile of trashy magazines and one of the ads was for sex cereal, a breakfast cereal that supposedly ramps up your sex drive.  First, it seems inconvenient to be horny all day.  Secondly and most importantly, the main ingredient in the cereal is maca, apparently an aphrodisiac.  Just what I need all the campo ladies to be feeding me on the daily, thanks.  

3. I was bored one day and inventorying my things in preparation for my not-too-distant departure.  I have a box on top of my dresser where all things not immediately useful go.  Way back in the beginning, my college friends sent me a package that included silly condoms as a joke (though none of us could know how much of a joke).  I was rifling through them, wondering if they were still ok to save for the next volunteer or give away, when I came across a strawberry flavored one.  I'd never used a flavored condom before, and honestly it doesn't seem like something I'd want to be putting in my body.  But in my bored, 3pm with nothing to do state, I decided I had to see what it tasted like.  I opened the package and gave it a tiny lick.  It has a very artificial sweet, slighty berry-like flavor.  Probably better than plain latex, but I can't recommend them as a gum or snacking substitute.  

No comments:

Post a Comment