Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Things to be Happy About


Oftentimes, the Peace Corps is a grind.  But there are always things to be joyful and grateful about when I stop to look.

-Pomegranate season.  2 soles per kilo.

-Avocado season.  Palta veggie sandwiches every day.  

-Elka learned how to sit and go down stairs. 

-I made some progress on my thesis.  I wrote a well-received paper for my advisor, and look at these lovely pressed medicinal plants.




-And I get to go hiking with my family to find them.



-Sunshine!  In between frosty nights and hailstorms. 

-A 10 day trek for 4th of July with my friends. 

-Finding a lady at the market who sells bags of ground coffee for 2 soles that last me over a week. 

-Someone actually said “thank you” for my work.  Usually I feel like I’m putting people out when I try to get things done.

-The continuing trend of dressing babies in hats with animal ears.  

No comments:

Post a Comment