Sunday, January 15, 2012

Weekend Successes


It was a good Saturday.  It was sunny in the morning, which is an incredible thing during the rainy season.  It felt just like spring back home in Pennsylvania.  It was chilly and my hands got cold if I took them out of my pockets, but the sun was warm on my back.  It was the kind of day you´d expect to see daffodils.  

My family made a salad with lunch.  It was just like one I made for them a few weeks ago.  It means not only that they liked it, but that I’m starting to rub off on them in some ways.   

They’re rubbing off on me, too.  They’re so jolly and loving with each other, it’s impossible not to be lifted up when I’m around them.  They spend a lot of time just entertaining each other.  During lunch, David and I made fart sounds on our arms.  I haven´t done that in years and years.  They tell lots of jokes and riddles and I try to translate any english ones I can.  We dance around and make fun of each other and hassle the guinea pigs.  I´m really lucky. 
 
I made them a big bowl of guacamole and they loved it.  They’d never heard of guacamole before.  It’s crazy because all the ingredients are available here in abundance, aside from the spices.  But the avocados are so good that it’s still ok without seasoning.  Though, I’d still do some morally questionable things for a spice rack. 

Por fin, our ram has been pretty aggressive lately.  His favorite is to sneak up behind and head butt you in the back of the legs.  Today I decided that I’d had enough and refused be intimidated by something so fluffy.



I did my best impression of something scary, which is just me flapping my arms around and yelling, “Rar rar rar!”  But it seems like it worked.  Now the pacho just glares at me from the other side of the yard. Good day.

1 comment:

  1. late comment, but i really enjoy the mental picture of you flapping your arms and yelling "rar rar rar!"

    ReplyDelete