Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Bellybutton Is So Interesting!

I’m sorry that this blog has been a lot of navel gazing recently and light on adventure.  I’m technically not allowed to go adventuring yet and I’m still going through a lot of changes.  Not to mention that there’s time to think.  I hope this hasn’t been too boring for you to read.
But! changes are brewing.  The rainy season is only another month and school and work are starting back up for the year soon.  With any luck, I’ll have more projects and be able to be outside more.  I’m also going on a major trip in a month which should result in lots of awesome adventures and pictures. 
I’ll always be reflecting, but hopefully it’ll be cut with more fun and action in the future.  Thanks for sticking with me! 
Here are some photos of animals decorated for Carnival and traditional dances.  They have parades and parties on the coast and in the cities.  In the campo, we paint some sheep and make sacrifices of cigarettes, liquor, and veggies to the Pachamama (Inca earth goddess) for a good year.  It’s interesting how the celebration reflects what’s important to the place.  




1 comment:

  1. Hi Stasia - I couldn't find any other way to contact you, so I'm leaving a message here. My name is Kelly, and I'm with the Expat Peru website (expatperu.com) - we do a monthly blog spotlight and I would LOVE to feature your blog! You can contact me at fnnkybutt@gmail.com or through the contact form on my blog http://mylifeinperu.com - Hope to hear from you very soon.

    ReplyDelete