Sunday, September 29, 2013

Such Great Heights

It’s been confirmed in an official-like manner that I’m the highest PCV in the whole world.  One of our doctors here took it upon himself to ask the doctors in Nepal if they had anyone over 4,000 meters.  The Nepalese doctors responded with something like, “No, that’s crazy!” so at 4,125 meters (13,500 ft.), I officially hold the title.  Pretty cool.


I was a little embarrassed when Dr. Jorge sent out a note with the news all of Peace Corps Peru, but, I’m used to infamy and being made a spectacle by Peruvians by now, so I’ll go with it. 

It's not so bad living at the top of the world, once you get used to it.


1 comment:

  1. Because of me, everyone PCV in Ethiopia knows that my friend is the highest altitude PCV in the world, but I've been telling them this long before it was confirmed. I'm glad I don't have to retract that comment! What a cool title!

    ReplyDelete